[Menvi-discuss] Color references and other sight-related material

Dale Lieser dale.lieser at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:55:27 EDT 2012

Hi, Lydia,

Having been sighted and now being totally blind, that you are considering
both "showing print" and "adapting" approaches seems to me a good sign. Do
not worry about the term "flying blind". Just explain its application to
memory work, and even provide a fun, verbal mention of what that would
literally mean with a plane and pilot, where a memory slip in music would be
a (crash (albeit recoverable).

Concerning the color references, you could keep that, but label markers or
something big that could handle such an identifier, and let the student
color on the examples page you have designed to be for one-time use.

Dale