[Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?

Data data at papermusic.org
Sat Apr 14 13:06:29 EDT 2012


It's unfortunate that people have to fight so hard for such simple rights.
But, then, throughout history it's always been the case, especially within
long-established organizations. Cronyism, nepotism, and just plain laziness
and stubbornness are always out there.

Thankfully, there are many who have embraced these rights, and I'm more than
happy to mention the University of the Pacific, New England Conservatory,
Catholic School of America, and University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, as
examples of how to conduct Student Services.

I regret that you are going to have to really fight for this, but when the
time comes, if you don't get the results you need, hit 'em in the wallet and
go to another school. And those of us on this list will continue to poopoo
that school until things change.

The right of access is a civil right, so we'll treat it as such, in a civil
manner.

(Now stepping off my soap box.)
-Andy






-----Original Message-----
From: menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org
[mailto:menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org]On Behalf Of Chela Robles
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:49 AM
To: This is for discussing music and braille literacy
Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?


Hey you know it could be both! I had to deal with a nasty English
instructor and it was his first year soon to be last anyway because us
students would grade him and I even told the dean and the dss department
and showed recordings of evidence of him picking me apart in front of
everyone saying I was coming from a blind perspective and that I should
think out of that perspective...forget what we talked about in the class
but that really isn't important, oh yeah now I remember, it was about
Global Warming! And we watched and read An Inconvenient Truth by Al
Gore...and it was right when there were slides...need I say more? You
gotta do what you gotta do even if you don't like the idea, Brandon,
that is my suggestion, so get some people to back you up. Ya gotta fight
this! I had to fight this and it all was at Diablo Valley College here
in Pleasant Hill California, which I will never recommend that school,
unless for gen ed or the type of music courses I mentioned that being
history music classes or actual classes where you get to perform in like
band or choir.

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--
Chela Robles
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Learning Ally Blog A Lady And Her Trumpet feel free to post comments by
filling out the form on the page at: http://tinyurl.com/84tucwv
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit:
http://www.bookshare.org/
Join us in celebrating our 10th Anniversary!
http://tinyurl.com/752cyrs
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space as
is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
--


On 4/14/2012 9:38 AM, Data wrote:
> Or her last! haha.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org
> [mailto:menvi-discuss-bounces at menvi.org]On Behalf Of Chela Robles
> Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 10:29 AM
> To: This is for discussing music and braille literacy
> Subject: Re: [Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?
>
>
> Sounds like this is her first year!
>
> --
> "Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
> --
> Chela Robles
> Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
> Windows Live Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
> Skype: jazzytrumpet
> Learning Ally Blog A Lady And Her Trumpet feel free to post comments by
> filling out the form on the page at: http://tinyurl.com/84tucwv
> I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with
us,visit:
> http://www.bookshare.org/
> Join us in celebrating our 10th Anniversary!
> http://tinyurl.com/752cyrs
> Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space
as
> is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
> --
>
>
> On 4/14/2012 8:37 AM, Chris Smart wrote:
>> Oh man, this teacher sounds like a disorganized person. *sigh*
>> Forget talking to her and go above her. She's part of a department, so
>> talk to the chair or dean of that department. Go as high up as you
>> need to go, to get answers and solutions.  You're paying good money to
>> these people and they are clearly not holding up their end of the
>> bargain.
>> Just remember that you will probably never have to work with these
>> people again, once your course or program is over, so if you need to
>> be ruthless, go for it.  I'm trying to say that getting the education
>> you were promised is important here, not remaining friends with these
>> people.
>>
>> And, if you straighten them out, they just might be more accommodating
>> for the next visually-impaired music student who comes along.
>>
>> Chris
>> --------------------------------------------------
>> CTS MASTERING: PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING!
>> http://www.ctsmastering.com
>>
>> Dropbox: Have your stuff when you need it. 2GB is free
>> http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt
>>
>>
>> Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to unsubscribe,
>> change your delivery, or set any other options available to you,
>> please view the list information page below.  Should you have any
>> questions, please contact the owner of the list.
>> _______________________________________________
>> Menvi-discuss mailing list
>> Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
>> http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org
>>
> Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to unsubscribe,
change
> your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please view the
> list information page below.  Should you have any questions, please
contact
> the owner of the list.
> _______________________________________________
> Menvi-discuss mailing list
> Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
> http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org
>
>
> Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to unsubscribe,
change your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please view
the list information page below.  Should you have any questions, please
contact the owner of the list.
> _______________________________________________
> Menvi-discuss mailing list
> Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
> http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org
>

Thank you for subscribing to MENVI.  Should you wish to unsubscribe, change
your delivery, or set any other options available to you, please view the
list information page below.  Should you have any questions, please contact
the owner of the list.
_______________________________________________
Menvi-discuss mailing list
Menvi-discuss at menvi.org
http://menvi.org/mailman/listinfo/menvi-discuss_menvi.org





More information about the Menvi-discuss mailing list