[Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 15:22:12 EDT 2012

Hi.

I used my braille note and never really had a problem.  It's easy
enough to do one line of music, and if I had to do harmonic dictation,
I just wrote the roman numerals with the chords above it.  You kind of
have to develop your own short hand when writing music on the braille
display.  It's not ideal of course.

And, we were never allowed to sing while doing dictation.  In fact, we
got points off in one of my musicianship classes, if we did.  They
took audiation seriously.

Unfortunately, I was horrible at melodic dictation and only slightly
better at harmonic dictation.  I can't imagine an ear training class
with a majority of nonmusic majors.  Interesting.