[Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonboy13 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 11 13:34:55 EDT 2012

Hello,
I'm wondering what PDAs you all use for reading and writing music?
I'm using the Braille+ Mobil manager from APH and it stinks... It doesn't
have a Braille display and the battery life isn't that good, so I turn it
off when the teacher is talking and turn it back on to take down notation.
But my notation sounds like:
ddn(th) jzyss
and takes some time going through translation through my head. I tried using
a Braille display with it, but that takes some serious setting up if you
don't use it every time you turn on the unit and it also takes massive
amounts of battery power. (The Braille+ is superior in audio to anything
that is out there, but in Braille display and battery life it fails).
I'm wondering how the Apex works with Braille and how people use Braille
displays. I'm betting that the full note taker will be the choice of most
people, but I really want to hear opinions.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs