[Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 00:25:47 EDT 2012

Brandon,

When writing out dictation, I always used the octave signs.  If you
use the octave signs, it is clear whether you are going up or down the
interval.  That way I didn't have to use the interval signs, which,
unless I'm crazy, are meant for chords and things.  Unless you are
supposed to be writing out chords...  Even when we did harmonic
dictation, I just wrote out the roman numerals.  Talk to your teacher
and ask her how she would best like to be given the information:
whether she would liek you to tell her verbally or have your
transcriptionist write it out for her.  Either way would work.  I'm
sorry if I'm just bringing up something you already did.