[Menvi-discuss] Ear Training Class Questions?

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 21:16:21 EDT 2012

Hi.

I used my braille note for dictation.  I always went to my professor
after class or during office hours.  Since that option doesn't seem to
work for your professor, maybe use your transcriber to write
everything out in print for your professor.  Are you getting the
handouts in braille in the first place?

As for intervals, I just memorized them, which is an option.  You can
also feel the different intervals with the piano.  If you look at them
in braille while you memorize or use the piano to learn them, you will
soon have them down.

I struggled a lot with ear training, but made it through in the end.  Good luck!