[Menvi-discuss] following an orchestra conductor

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonboy13 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 10 19:53:17 EDT 2012

Yep,
Just get the best footsies player to stand next to you and give you a nice
hard stomp when there is a cut off. If things work right, the whole choir
will benefit because they will actually be able to feel the cut off instead
of just see it!
JK, but don't feel bad asking for sighted help. There is no way a conductor
can do anything if you don't want to call attention to the fact you are
blind.
Now if there was a baton that broadcast to little units that people wore
around their waist that tapped the beat when the conductor moved their arm,
we wouldn't have a problem with people "Not seeing..." which is the lamest
excuse imo! I also think "Seeing" is so overrated in stage as well, I'm so
surprised in rehearsal how much sighted people can't see I wonder why they
try... It's only nice when moving heavy props off stage in the fastest way
possible without killing all the actors that are bumping into you at top
speed.
So I think someone in the technology world needs to make a way that the
conductor's wand can be felt rather than seen. Those monitors back stage are
just so bulky and cumbersome they make me feel like I'm in the ice ages or
something...
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs