[Menvi-discuss] following an orchestra conductor

Karen Gearreald karen118 at cox.net
Tue Apr 10 14:54:28 EDT 2012

Absolutely find a reliable buddy who will be beside you for every rehearsal
and performance.  Your buddy can discreetly touch you on the arm or side
when the conductor gives a cue for standing up, sitting down, beginning to
sing, or ending a note.  If you feel that somehow your buddy has forgotten
to cue you about an entrance or cutoff, just don't sing until you hear what
the other members of your section are doing.  If you cut off early or miss
an entrance, nobody will notice; but if you hold a note too long or if you
enter early, you may embarrass yourself and the other performers.
					Karen Gearreald