[Menvi-discuss] Questions re. Blind Accompanists

richardtaesch at menvi.org richardtaesch at menvi.org
Tue Apr 10 13:37:43 EDT 2012

LIST SUBSCRIBERS:

Hello all,

Kindly read this very interesting question (below my signature). I am sure
many of you will be very willing to offer suggestions for Mr. Lay, as we
have seen several discussions on this subject over time.

Please write him directly, but do copy the list. I have suggested that Mr.
Lay join us and the network, as well. His address is: <layhank at yahoo.com>

Sincerely,
Richard Taesch
MENVI Headquarters - www.menvi.org

comments: I'm a sighted person, trying to help a blind pianist get a job
as a church accompanist.

I'm trying to find out if any devices or methods
have been developed to help the music director communicate performance
cues to the accompanist, such as starts, stops, tempo changes, fermatti,
etc.  Ways to identify measures (normally numbered in printed scores)
would also help.  I'm an amateur singer myself, and have no experience
with braille music, so links to sources for such would also be helpful.

Thanks,
Hank Lay